A number of football supporters have taken to Twitter amid the latest edition of the annual FIFA ratings after Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson was given an almighty upgrade in the new FIFA 21 game which saw him score an overall rating the same as Manchester United star Paul Pogba.
The Premier League-winning captain was given an impressive overall rating of 86 – which places Henderson among the highest-rated midfielders in the game and saw him come out on top against the likes of Thiago Alcantara, Marco Verratti and David Silva.
The rating players are given in new editions of the popular game have become an important topic for players and fans alike, with the numbers leading to highly-contested discussions and debates as to who are the best players in world football.
Liverpool completely dominated the ratings in this season’s edition with three of Jurgen Klopp’s players ranked among the top 10 players currently on the planet as Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane each scored an impressive overall score of 90.
Reigning FIFA Goalkeeper of the Year Alisson Becker was also given a deserved rating of 90 with only Atletico Madrid shot-stopper Jan Oblak achieving a higher tally of 91 in the goalkeeping department.
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino all were ranked in the top 50 players in the game all scoring an average rating of 87 while Henderson and Georginio Wijnaldum were also among the top 100.
A number of supporters weren’t happy due to the fact that Henderson was given an identical overall rating to the £89 million Paul Pogba [BBC].
United supporters may feel a little hard done by following this season’s ratings with only Bruno Fernandes, Pogba and Marcus Rashford among the top 100.
Following FIFA’s 2021 edition of ratings, many supporters took to Twitter to make their opinion known after Liverpool were ranked as the highest overall scoring team in the game.
Here are a selection of responses following FIFA’s notorious rating system for 2021…
Liverpool Fifa 21 ratings
90 – Van Dijk, Salah, Mané, Alisson
87 – Trent, Robertson, Firmino, Fabinho
86 – Henderson
85 – Wijnaldum
Remember wishing we could have someone above 85 couple years ago…
— 🧣 (@KIopptinho) September 10, 2020
Pogba is the same rating as Jordan Henderson on Fifa 21 pic.twitter.com/QIIFjvDURs
— GX34 🐐 (@TheTeflonDon10) September 10, 2020
How Henderson and Pogba have the same rating is beyond me. I don't see how Henderson should be rated more than 83 imo, this just shows you can't take Fifa ratings seriously.#EASPORTSFIFA pic.twitter.com/J03uh0RQVT
— Tolu (@tvlu_ad) September 10, 2020
Paul Pogba and Jordan Henderson same rated in Fifa 21 😦 😦
— James 🔴 (@UtdJamesss) September 10, 2020
FIFA literally gave Henderson a higher rating than Thiago Alcantara, I've been trying to process that all day.
— Azeez Olajide ❼ (@zeezish_) September 10, 2020
Pogba has the same rating as Jordan Henderson on Fifa 21, and Thiago is rated lower than both of them. Sergio Ramos and Aubameyang had a decrease in their overall ratings. Also, Aubameyang and Firmino have the same rating. I'm glad I quit buying this game. #FIFARatings #FIFA21 pic.twitter.com/ZtoiKzRyZY
— Harshit Saxena (@_harshitsaxena) September 10, 2020
So Bruno is higher rated than Pogba and Henderson is higher rated than Thiago
Fifa is getting worse every year 😭definitely not buying fifa 21
— Paul🔰 (@PaulLUHG) September 10, 2020
Pogba and Jordan Henderson have the same FIFA rating?
PES it is…
— United In Focus (@UnitedInFocus) September 10, 2020
Heads completely gone. Fifa are suggesting Henderson is joint best Cm in the world…… https://t.co/r2Hhfmhd5P
— Mazzone (@JackMazzone) September 10, 2020
EA have already confirmed that FIFA 21 has an official UK and worldwide release date of October 9, 2020, but some editions will allow you to play FIFA 21 slightly earlier than this.
If you pre-order the FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition or Champions Edition on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC you’ll be able to play from October 6, 2020, with the Standard Edition allowing fans to play from the game’s official UK and worldwide release date of October 9, 2020.
- Liverpool’s summer will be defined by Thiago and Wijnaldum resolution
- Report: Rhian Brewster could return to Swansea on loan next season
- Dejan Lovren responds to Jordan Henderson’s emotional farewell gesture
- Liverpool could be set for final instalment of Coutinho Barcelona fee
- Liverpool have to make Wijnaldum decision fast and stick with it
- Report: Deal agreed between Liverpool and Fluminese for Marcelo Pitaluga
- Romano confirms Barcelona still yet to bid for Liverpool star Wijnaldum
- Who is reported Liverpool target Jeremy Doku?
- Liverpool stars sends messages to Alberto Moreno following surgery
- Liverpool reportedly could still keep Wijnaldum and sign Thiago
- Report: Wijnaldum and Klopp set for talks over Liverpool future
- Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp have a big positional decision to make
- Report: Liverpool could sanction permanent transfer for Rhian Brewster
- Report: Jurgen Klopp not in the market for another Liverpool defender
- Report: Liverpool have been open to offers for Shaqiri since January
- Minamino looks a man possessed following latest Liverpool masterclass
- Liverpool supporters react to the performance of Joel Matip
- RTK view: Liverpool striker could open up route to Odsonne Edouard
- Jurgen Klopp provides injury update on Jordan Henderson