Liverpool’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s stunning goal helped the Reds win away at Genk.
The England international scored a brace as Liverpool beat the Belgian side 4-1.
Jurgen Klopp’s team silenced criticism of their away form and the “Ox” played a huge role.
After missing more than a year through injury the Liverpool midfielder finally seems to be finding his feet for the club.
Oxlade-Chamberlain put the Reds 1-0 up in Genk with a tidy finish from the edge of the box.
The 26-year-old added to his tally in the second half with an even more impressive goal.
An audacious strike from the edge of the area with the outside of his boot nestled in the top corner.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s stunning goal put Liverpool on our way to back-to-back wins in the Champions League.
As you can imagine Twitter users were quick to praise Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and his spectacular finish for Liverpool against Genk.
If you haven’t seen it, here’s the absolute beauty he scored last night.
Melissa Reddy pointed out Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn’t do normal goals and she’s so right.
Liquid football from Naby Keita and Roberto Firmino is then topped with an Absolute Beauty – outside of his boot, in off the underside of the bar – from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. He just doesn't do ordinary! What a night for him— Melissa Reddy (@MelissaReddy_) October 23, 2019
This Liverpool fan praised the “ridiculous” effort.
that goal from oxlade -chamberlain was just ridiculous. the lads got some talent.— Ash Williams (@ashwills87) October 23, 2019
Whilst this fan encouraged the player to take a well earned bow after that strike.
What a goal that was from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Take a bow🔥🔥🔥 #GENLIV #UCL #Chamberlain— shyaM (@disiz_sam) October 23, 2019
Another pointed out if others had scored that goal people would lose their minds.
If it was CR7 or Messi that scored that Oxlade Chamberlain goal Twitter would have been exploding with whose the GOAT tweets ryt now. #YNWA #GNKLIV— Thilivhali (@Bokoliko) October 23, 2019
Lastly spare a thought for this Arsenal fan who has just realised what a player the Gunners lost.
- Liverpool have genuine interest in signing £50m player, they think he could be a real bargain – journalist
- Report: Club actively trying to block 'exceptional' player leaving this summer, Liverpool want to sign him
- Report: Newcastle now keen to sign 'unbelievable' Liverpool star, he's almost certain to leave Anfield
- 'A really good thing': Ragnar Klavan says he noticed something amazing while back at Liverpool this weekend
- 'Wouldn't be surprised': Danny Murphy shares what he thinks Liverpool will be telling Jude Bellingham now