Mohamed Salah has stayed quiet about potentially leaving Liverpool as it simply isn’t his style.
Salah’s future is one of the biggest stories in world football right now, with the Reds right in the middle of it. After rejecting a massive offer from Al Ittihad for Mo yesterday, they’re now braced for another one.
With rumours swirling, it would be nice to hear from Salah himself. But so far, the Egyptian has kept his counsel. Giving his opinion on why that may be for ESPN FC, pundit Steve Nicol said it just isn’t in the Egyptian’s make-up.
Initially, Nicol was asked whether he thought Salah should play in Sunday’s game against Aston Villa.
“Absolutely, yeah, it’s [just] another game,” said the former Liverpool player. Pressed as to whether he thought Mo would refuse to play, Nicol dismissed the idea.
MORE LIVERPOOL STORIES
“No, not at all, no not at all,” said the pundit. “As far as I know he’s a fantastic professional and I think part of the reason he hasn’t said anything is that that’s not his style.
“He’ll let his agent or the club or anybody else speak up but he’s not the guy that goes looking for a microphone.”
Salah keeps his head down
We only half agree with Nicol here. While we don’t think Salah will refuse to play on Sunday, we’re not convinced as to why he hasn’t said anything publicly.
It’s true that the Egyptian does usually allow his agent, Ramy Abbas Issa, to do the talking for him.
But as has been reported this morning, Abbas has actually refused to comment on suggestions that his client could leave Anfield.
So, we’re minded to worry that it’s something else entirely.
While we can’t see Salah agitating to leave, we do think that if an agreement can be found with Liverpool, the 31-year-old will be off.
Although there’s nothing concrete to back this up, the silence of both Salah and his agent is speaking volumes right now.
It would be nice if we can get a comment from the Reds No.11 about everything before or after tomorrow’s game.