Liverpool are going to have to clearout some deadwood this summer. We need to raise some cash for incoming transfers and upgrade on the quality on the bench. A report by Goal has listed 10 players Liverpool could sell on this summer.
Players Liverpool could sell this summer
Goal has reported on the Reds plans for the summer transfer window and has named 10 players that could be headed for the exit door:
- Divock Origi, club legend, is said to be up for sale and there is thought to be interest in the striker from across the continent.
- Marko Grujic is likely to be given a permanent exit from the club following a string of loan moves.
- Harry Wilson is believed to be finally getting a permanent move away after impressing on yet another temporary move, this time with Cardiff City.
- Xherdan Shaqiri’s future is said to be unclear with the Swiss international having been linked with Fenerbahce on a number of occasions.
- Takumi Minamino is another whose future is also up in the air having failed to nail down a place in the Liverpool side.
- Loris Karius should finally leave the club after a sequence of unsuccessful loan moves.
- Taiwo Awoniyi could be set for a transfer having impressed in bursts for Union Berlin.
- Sheyi Ojo, Ben Woodburn and Liam Millar are also tipped for moves though they are likely to be sent out on loan.
What RTK has to say
This list seems to make sense and is pretty comprehensive.
Plenty of this players would have left last summer had it not been for the pandemic impacting buying clubs’ spending power.
Hopefully Michael Edwards can work his magic and raise some money.