Liverpool FC’s transfer window has been frustratingly quiet so far but it looks as if it’s all about to start kicking off. 

It’s been an annoyingly quiet transfer window in terms of actually completed deals so far for Liverpool Football Club.

We all know the list of targets like the back of our hands but sadly, knowing who the club wants, doesn’t mean they’ve got the business done. However, that could all be changing over the next couple of weeks.

Andrew Robertson: Hull City – £10m

The Reds third summer deal after Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke looks set to be completed any day now with Hull City left-back Andrew Robertson reported to be undergoing a medical at Melwood on Thursday.

The Scottish full-back has been linked with the Reds since May and was just one of a long list of left-backs supposedly targeted by the club that also includes Ryan Sessegnon, Kieran Tierney and Benjamin Mendy.

According to This Is Anfield – among others – Robertson left Hull’s Portugal training camp on Monday, flying to Liverpool to enter final negotiations after a deal was struck with the recently relegated Tigers for a fee rumoured to be around £10m.

Kevin Stewart is said to be ready to make the switch the other way for £8m, essentially ridding the Reds of a non-starter and strengthening a position that’s in dire need for a net spend of £2m… Solid business.

Naby Keïta: Red Bull Leipzig – £70m+

Liverpool aren’t giving up I’ve got to give them that and that’s despite having a second mega-money bid turned down this week believed to be in the region of £66m.

The Guardian’s Andy Hunter – along with the likes of other reliable and respected journalists such as Paul Joyce and Chris Bascombe – has confirmed that the rejected €75m discussed by Leipzig co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz on Wednesday did indeed come from Liverpool.

The Reds were reportedly led to believe that if they submitted a bid of this value, adhering to the payment structure required by Leipzig they could have their player. Instead, the German club swung a massive U-turn, rejecting the bid and leaving Liverpool flustered.

Hunter reports however that there are “suggestions” the Guinean’s representatives – who also look after Sadio Mané’s affairs – are already in Hong Kong to conduct further talks with Liverpool and advise them on the best way to structure their next bid which will supposedly break the £70m barrier.

As much as I’d like to say I’m confident that this next offer will be the one that smashes through Leipzig’s resolve, I just don’t know anymore.

Virgil van Dijk: Southampton – £60m+

Liverpool are reportedly still hoping the Dutchman will “apply more pressure” to Southampton and force through a move but it’s not looking likely as of this moment in time.

Despite this, Paul Joyce has confirmed that van Dijk is Liverpool’s only centre back target this summer – miss out on him and there is no known alternative.

The defender is still said to be hopeful of a move to Merseyside but would rather it happen through a deal being brokered by the two clubs rather than having to submit a formal transfer request.

Something tells me there’s a lot more to this one than meets the eye but that after the Reds’ monumental cock up last month, we’re going to be starved of information until it becomes concrete.