Liverpool were handed a major fitness boost ahead of their clash with West Brom on Sunday after the likes of Thiago Alcantara, James Milner and Xherdan Shaqiri were all pictured back in training.
It’s the first time Thiago has been spotted kicking a ball since October after the Spaniard sustained a knee injury against Everton.
The 29-year-old has clocked up just 135 minutes of action since completing a £25 million move from Bayern Munich last summer.
However, there is hope that he can finally make a lasting impact on the English champions once Thiago is deemed fit enough to be in contention for selection.
It is unclear whether he joined in the main session or just the warm-up, but his overall involvement does suggest he is making encouraging steps towards a full return.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
James Milner, who has been nursing a hamstring problem since the 1-1 draw with Brighton last month, was also pictured at Liverpool’s AXA Training Centre.
The 34-year-old midfielder was joined by Xherdan Shaqiri, who also has been out of action for the best part of a month. The former Bayern Munich star hasn’t featured for Liverpool since the 1-1 draw with Manchester City in November.
Here is a look at how supporters have reacted to the triple fitness boost for Jurgen Klopp and the Reds.
- The sad reality regarding Liverpool’s reported interest in Jack Grealish
- Liverpool reported target Manuel Akanji comes out on top against Dayot Upamecano
- Jadon Sancho is no longer a sure-thing for Liverpool
- Mohamed Salah’s Liverpool numbers are borderline ridiculous
- Report: Liverpool set to offer Mohamed Salah new-and-improved contract