Gary Lineker believes Liverpool’s stunning 7-0 victory was enough justification to claim that Jurgen Klopp’s are going to take some stopping in the Premier League title race.
The English champions recorded their biggest away victory in Liverpool’s top-flight history to move six points clear at the league summit.
Slick, controlled and utterly ruthless. Liverpool may be wounded but even when they are vulnerable, they remain team to beat.
No Van Dijk, no Thiago, no Jota, no Gomez, no Salah, no problem. Make that nine league wins and counting for Klopp’s mentality monster in 2020/21.
Former England hero and Match of the Day host Linker was more than impressed with Liverpool’s latest performance, and remains convinced that the title will be heading to Merseyside come the end of the season.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Liverpool make history
In terms of a statement to the rest of the league, it was resounding.
It was about time that Liverpool delivered a performance of total control and authority – it was the Reds’ biggest win since we last faced Crystal Palace back in June.
This was a resounding message to everyone that even in the midst of an injury crisis, Liverpool can still pack a heavy punch.
With players such as Thiago and Jota still to return, Liverpool are only going to get better.
- Predicted Liverpool line-up v Crystal Palace
- Roberto Firmino sends message as Thiago Alcantara issues injury update
- Curtis Jones should have Naby Keita very worried
- Liverpool’s attacking trio finally put to bed worrying trend
- Jordan Henderson has a special message for Premier League debutant Rhys Williams
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Rhys Williams v Tottenham
- Thiago Alcantara sends a message to Liverpool fans during Tottenham win
- Jamie Carragher hails Curtis Jones following Liverpool win v Tottenham
- Report: Jurgen Klopp ready to fight for Gini Wijnaldum contract extension
- Neco Williams discusses the prospect of facing off against Gareth Bale
- Four centre-back options who are suddenly more attainable than Dayot Upamecano
- Three reasons Liverpool should consider Pedro Neto
- Roberto Firmino awaits the perfect opponents to ignite his season