Virgil van Dijk is one of the many players Liverpool have missed terribly in recent months.
The Netherlands international is arguably Liverpool’s most transformative signing of the modern era and his influence in the team is gargantuan.
Considering there is no-one better in his position in world football, replacing him was always going to be an impossible task.
Van Dijk, 29, hasn’t played for Liverpool since October 17 during the 2-2 draw with Everton where an ‘awful’ challenge from Jordan Pickford left the Dutchman with a ruptured ACL, which later required surgery.
He is understandably desperate to return back to action as soon as possible, with Van Dijk currently undergoing his rehabilitation period at Liverpool’s AXA Training Centre.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Van Dijk has sent a message to Liverpool fans in the midst of being announced as one of the 11 players included included in the FIFA FIFPro Men’s World11 for 2020.
Liverpool were the most represented club in the side, which is determined by the votes of thousands of professional male players around the world.
Alisson Becker was chosen as the team’s goalkeeper, with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Van Dijk in defence, while summer signing Thiago Alcantara was among the midfielders.
The other names included in the world all-star team were Sergio Ramos, Alphonso Davies, Joshua Kimmich, Kevin de Bruyne, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski.
Van Dijk’s inclusion in the team was more than deserved considering his influence in Liverpool’s Premier League title win last term.
He featured in every minute during the team’s procession to a 19th English title which also saw Liverpool amass a club-record 99 points.
A number of his Liverpool teammates including club-captain Jordan Henderson sent messages of congratulations to Van Dijk.
The Holland captain also received a response from legendary footballing figure and four-time Champions League winner Clarence Seedforf.
- Predicted Liverpool line-up v Crystal Palace
- Roberto Firmino sends message as Thiago Alcantara issues injury update
- Curtis Jones should have Naby Keita very worried
- Liverpool’s attacking trio finally put to bed worrying trend
- Jordan Henderson has a special message for Premier League debutant Rhys Williams
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Rhys Williams v Tottenham
- Thiago Alcantara sends a message to Liverpool fans during Tottenham win
- Jamie Carragher hails Curtis Jones following Liverpool win v Tottenham
- Report: Jurgen Klopp ready to fight for Gini Wijnaldum contract extension
- Neco Williams discusses the prospect of facing off against Gareth Bale
- Four centre-back options who are suddenly more attainable than Dayot Upamecano
- Three reasons Liverpool should consider Pedro Neto
- Roberto Firmino awaits the perfect opponents to ignite his season