Liverpool scored a dramatic late winner to beat Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield to send 2000 supporters into sheer bedlam.
The 2-1 win ensured the Reds maintained their 100 per cent league record at their fortress of a home ground this season.
Make that seven and counting with Jose Mourinho’s title challengers the latest to fall victim to the Anfield cauldron.
Remarkably, in their previous 32 league home matches, Liverpool have clocked up a whopping 31 victories – collecting 93 points along the way.
With the English champions so relentless at Anfield, it’s part-time that Liverpool addressed their away form.
While the Reds have dropped just two points at Anfield in 24 months, their fortunes on the road this season have been less formidable.
In their six away matches in 2020/21, Liverpool have won on just one occasion and have surrendered 11 points from a possible 18.
In matches against Chelsea, Aston Villa, Everton, Manchester City, Brighton and Fulham, Liverpool have only recorded a victory at Stamford Bridge.
The Reds are currently just two points shy of dropping the same number of points away from home as they managed throughout the entirety of last season.
This needs to be quickly addressed at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The winning record at home says a lot about the character Jurgen Klopp has instilled in his Liverpool side. It was also fitting to see the team snatching victories at the death similarly to their title form of last season.
Klopp and his team have a strong mentality. The English champions are constantly able to respond in the face of adversity, and even in the midst of an injury crisis, Liverpool find a way to win.
It helps when the team is packed full of leaders and inspirational figures such as Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum, Andy Robertson and Alisson Becker.
If Liverpool can quickly turnaround their form on the road then it would certainly represent a dangerous proposition for the rest of the league.
- Gini Wijnaldum was unplayable during win v Tottenham
- Jordan Henderson has a special message for Premier League debutant Rhys Williams
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Rhys Williams v Tottenham
- Thiago Alcantara sends a message to Liverpool fans during Tottenham win
- Jamie Carragher hails Curtis Jones following Liverpool win v Tottenham
- Report: Jurgen Klopp ready to fight for Gini Wijnaldum contract extension
- Neco Williams discusses the prospect of facing off against Gareth Bale
- Four centre-back options who are suddenly more attainable than Dayot Upamecano
- Three reasons Liverpool should consider Pedro Neto
- Roberto Firmino awaits the perfect opponents to ignite his season