Jurgen Klopp has named Liverpool’s starting XI to face Atalanta.
Starting XI: Alisson; N Williams, R Williams, Matip, Tsimikas; Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones; Salah, Origi, Mane.
Substitutes: Adrian, Fabinho, Firmino, Minamino, Jota, Robertson, Cain, Clarkson, Koumetio, Kelleher.
Five substitutes are permitted to feature as per rules of this season’s Champions League.
Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara are injured and do not make the bench and nor is Xherdan Shaqiri who is still to recover from a muscle injury sustained during international duty.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Klopp has made five changes to the team that put Leicester City to the sword on Sunday.
Neco Williams and Kostas Tsimikas are handed their first starts in the Champions League while Rhys Williams retains his place having started in the 5-0 victory in Bergamo.
Meanwhile, Divock Origi has been included in an attacking triumvirate that also includes the returning Mohamed Salah as well as Sadio Mane.
Should Liverpool beat Atalanta tonight and Ajax fail to win against Danish outfit FC Midtjylland in Amsterdam, the Reds will qualify for the last 16 of the continent’s premier competition.
- Three reasons Takumi Minamino must start against Atalanta
- Marko Grujic not yet first-choice at FC Porto
- There was once a time Liverpool reportedly wanted Nicholas Pepe
- Villarreal teammate thinks reported Liverpool target Pau Torres can play for any team in the world
- Photos: Jordan Henderson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pictured working hard to get fit
- Neco Williams sends two-word message to Harvey Elliott
- Predicted Liverpool XI v Atalanta