Having been out of action for Liverpool for the best part of a month, Naby Keita flew across the world to compete for his native Guinea.
Keita, 25, was called back to captain the Guinea national team during their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad.
The Liverpool midfielder has been pictured alongside his fellow countrymen during the 1-0 victory as Guinea progressed to the top of Group A with seven points from their opening three matches.
Having played the full 90-minutes, Keita shared some footage from the match on his Instagram page, which featured the former RB Leipzig talisman back doing what does best, dictating the tempo and breaking between enemy lines with his intricate array of passes.
Keita prior to his setback having tested positive for COVID-19 in October had previously started in Liverpool’s opening three league matches – his best run in the team since he joined in 2018.
If he is to get himself back into Jurgen Klopp’s selection process, he must first negotiate the international fixtures without a hitch.
The second game next week will see Keita take part in the reverse fixture against Chad on Sunday before returning to Liverpool that same week.
Keita is in desperate need of some match practice to get sharper having missed Liverpool’s previous four league matches.
With the injury list continuing to stack up for Klopp following the loss of Joe Gomez, Liverpool will be desperate that no further player is to return tired, adding in the travel factor, or even injured.
Keita looks in top-shape, we just hope he returns feeling stronger than ever too.
- Liverpool set to look very different once again after the international break
- Liverpool duo reveal Jurgen Klopp’s favourite player at Anfield
- Why is Jadon Sancho doing very little to force Liverpool’s hand next summer?
- Report: Liverpool have been ‘in talks’ to sign Ozan Kabak for ‘several weeks’
- Billy Koumetio back in action against Port Vale in EFL Trophy defeat
- Liverpool reunited with the one battle they cannot seem to win this season
- Three changes Liverpool could make for next Premier League game
- Liverpool target Ozan Kabak has already conceded three penalties this season
- Report: Liverpool target Pau Torres sees release clause rise by £15m, available at £59m
- Liverpool fans react to injury update regarding Thiago and Fabinho