Liverpool fans have been left with a sinking sense of worry following Georginio Wijnaldum’s latest comments in regards to his existing contract at Anfield.
Wijnaldum, 30, recently entered into the final year of his Liverpool contract, and the Dutchman is able to begin negotiations with other foreign clubs in just over a month’s time.
Jurgen Klopp has continuously relied on Wijnaldum’s durability this season, with the former Newcastle United star starting in seven of Liverpool’s eight Premier League matches this season.
Despite his ongoing involvment with the Premier League champions, Wijnaldum is still not closer to signing a new deal at Anfield.
“Just ask Liverpool those questions. Don’t they answer,” he told Het Parool.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
“I cannot say anything about it, including whether or not there is talk of a new contract between me and Liverpool. Sorry.”
Wijnaldum’s comments certainly didn’t go down well with Kopites, with a number of fans not happy by the fact the 61-time Netherlands international’s time at Anfield could be coming to an end.
- Billy Koumetio back in action against Port Vale in EFL Trophy defeat
- Liverpool reunited with the one battle they cannot seem to win this season
- Three changes Liverpool could make for next Premier League game
- Liverpool target Ozan Kabak has already conceded three penalties this season
- Report: Liverpool target Pau Torres sees release clause rise by £15m, available at £59m
- Liverpool fans react to injury update regarding Thiago and Fabinho
- Report: Liverpool renew interest in Crystal Palace teenager Zion Atta
- Fernando Torres sends message to Liverpool supporters
- Daniel Agger sends Melwood farewell message to supporters
- Alan Shearer says Joel Matip made Liverpool more solid v Manchester City
- Liverpool fans react to Trent Alexander-Arnold injury update
- Raheem Sterling sends a four-word message to Alexander-Arnold