Liverpool midfielders Thiago Alcantara and Fabinho could be back in contention for selection in the club’s next league outing against Leicester City after the international break.
Liverpool have been dealt a whole host of injury setbacks already this season, with the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho, Thiago and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all currently out on the sidelines.
Trent Alexander-Arnold was the latest Liverpool casualty set to endure a sustained period out of action after the England international picked up a calf injury during the 1-1 draw with Manchester City on Sunday.
According to The Times, Alexander-Arnold, 21, could be out for up to four weeks and could miss Liverpool’s next five matches.
Thiago has been out of action since the Merseyside derby last month following a knee injury after the Spanish international fell victim to a horror-challenge from Everton forward Richarlison.
The former Bayern Munich maestro has clocked up just one start for his new team since his £25 million departure from the Bundesliga earlier this summer, he is yet to make to his full-Anfield debut.
Meanwhile, Fabinho – who cost the Reds £39 million [BBC] in 2018 – has been an absentee for Klopp since the Brazil international suffered a hamstring injury during the 2-1 victory against FC Midtjylland a fortnight ago – he was reported to be in contention for a return after the international break.
Liverpool supporters have since responded to the news that both Thiago and Fabinho could be back in Klopp’s selection plans sooner rather than later, and many believe the Reds’ upcoming opponents, Leicester, are in big trouble if the injury reports prove to be true.
Here are a selection of responses from Liverpool supporters in regards to the fitness update regarding both Thiago and Fabinho.
- Liverpool supporters react to Fabinho celebration footage
- Alan Shearer says Joel Matip made Liverpool more solid v Manchester City
- Liverpool fans react to Trent Alexander-Arnold injury update
- Raheem Sterling sends a four-word message to Alexander-Arnold
- ‘One last time’: Jordan Henderson sends emotional message to Liverpool supporters
- Jurgen Klopp will be the first to defend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Liverpool fans drooling over Jordan Henderson Champions League video
- Thiago Alcantara absence leaves Klopp with big decision to make