Liverpool played out a 1-1 stalemate following a hard-fought contest with title rivals Manchester City on Sunday – and Reds supporters have reacted to recent footage released of midfielder Fabinho.
It was an excellent match between two English heavyweights as Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola enjoyed a share of the spoils following goals from Mohamed Salah and Gabriel Jesus.
Fabinho, 27, was forced to miss the encounter following a hamstring injury sustained against FC Midtjylland last month which is expected to keep the Brazil international out of action until after the international break.
He did not travel with the squad to Manchester and instead watched the action unfold from his home on Merseyside where Fabinho was filmed celebrating Liverpool’s opening goal at the Etihad Stadium.
The Reds were awarded a penalty inside 15 minutes after Sadio Mane was judged to have been fouled by City defender Kyle Walker. Salah took the spot-kick and dully converted to register his 10th goal of the season.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Fabinho – who signed for Liverpool in 2018 for a fee of £39 million [BBC] -was recorded celebrating Salah’s goal by his wife, Rebeca, who later posted the video on Twitter which received an outpour of positive responses from supporters.
- Liverpool fans react to Trent Alexander-Arnold injury update
- Raheem Sterling sends a four-word message to Alexander-Arnold
- ‘One last time’: Jordan Henderson sends emotional message to Liverpool supporters
- Jurgen Klopp will be the first to defend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Liverpool fans drooling over Jordan Henderson Champions League video
- Thiago Alcantara absence leaves Klopp with big decision to make