Liverpool staff member Harrison Kingston has left his position as Liverpool’s head of post-match analytics to join the Moroccan Football Federation, amid reports from The ECHO.
Kingston had overseen the role at the club for the best part of eight years after he joined the club from Burnley in August 2012.
According to Transfer Ground Guru, his new job title will be Director of Performance Analysis and Framework.
He worked specifically with Reds alongside first-team post-match analyst Mark Leyland, who also joined Liverpool from Burnley in 2013, who were both trusted with the responsibility of preparing video analysis for Jurgen Klopp to use with his players.
The Liverpool manager has been a big advocate of his analysis specialists with the manager priding himself in uncovering any potential marginal gains the team can make.
Speaking in regards to his role that played a part in last season’s Premier League title victory, Kingston said: “What you see on a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or whatever day it is – it’s not quite the outcome of everything that happens but Melwood is the place where everything is refined.
“Whether it’s developing a new way of playing or helping another player improve a little step – but it’s much more than that. It’s the place where everybody is, every day, together.
“We’re really well looked after, in terms of what’s provided for us, and that enables you to just concentrate on your job. It’s the power of Melwood.”
What RTK has to say
Kingston’s departure certainly leaves a big hole that the club will look to fill as quickly as possible.
Liverpool have already had a number key staff personnel depart the club this year, including head of medical services Andy Massey and physios Christopher Rohrbeck, Richie Patridge and Jose Luis Rodriguez.
Leyland, who is a lifelong Reds supporter works closely with Klopp’s assistant Peter Krawietz before, during and after matches and could still step into Kington’s vacated position while Krawietz oversees further appointments.
In other news, Liverpool have appointed a new masseur to their club staff, with Michelle Hudson joining after six years with Rugby League side Warrington Wolves.
- Liverpool supporters applaud Martin Skrtel after inspiring win over United
- Predicted Liverpool XI v Manchester City, Jota and Thiago to start
- 4 Liverpool selection dilemmas v Manchester City
- Jota has showcased why Liverpool’s front-three dynamic is majorly under-threat
- Peter Crouch ‘slightly worried’ for Roberto Firmino at Liverpool
- Klopp praises Alisson Becker’s performance against Atalanta
- Liverpool players celebrate ‘perfect night’ as Jota toasts hat-trick
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Curtis Jones
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Rhys Williams v Atalanta
- RB Leipzig send amusing message to Liverpool following win
- Peter Crouch reacts to the performance of Diogo Jota
- Five things we learned as Reds beat Atalanta 5-0
- Why Atalanta are the perfect opponents for Reds ahead of City clash
- Joel Matip, Naby Keita and Kostas Tsimikas pictured back in training