Atalanta were left stunned bt Liverpool in their own backyard.
The Premier League champions put in a five-star performance to put one of Europe’s most feared attacking outlets to the sword.
Atalanta actually put up a good fight for the most part and Liverpool were indebted to the heroics of Alisson Becker, who made a number of impressive saves.
Make no mistake, however, Liverpool were flawless and produced their most complete performance of the 2020/21 campaign.
Diogo Jota scored his first Liverpool hat-trick following on from his move from Wolves only a few short weeks ago.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Atalanta’s Twitter account held up their hands and said that Liverpool were simply the better side, which Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig replied with an amusing comment.
We know how this feels 😬
— Die Roten Bullen (@DieRotenBullen) November 3, 2020
The response comes just a week after Leipzig themselves fell victim to a mauling of the same scoreline following a 5-0 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford seven days ago.
Liverpool are flying high top of the group with a maximum nine points from three games.
Atalanta and Ajax are level on four points while the Reds know a win against the former will guarantee their qualification into the last-16 of the competition.
Three points from their remaining three matches will secure a Champions League knockout spot. The job is all but done.
- Peter Crouch reacts to the performance of Diogo Jota
- Five things we learned as Reds beat Atalanta 5-0
- Why Atalanta are the perfect opponents for Reds ahead of City clash
- Joel Matip, Naby Keita and Kostas Tsimikas pictured back in training
- Predicted Reds XI v Atalanta, Milner and Jota in, Firmino out
- David Alaba rejects third contract offer at Bayern amid Liverpool links
- Reds supporters react to the performance of Xherdan Shaqiri
- Jamie Carragher hails brilliant Nat Phillips following Liverpool win
- Outstanding debut: Reds player ratings v West Ham
- Liverpool may have deadliest attacking depth since 2014
- Who is reported Reds target and Sevilla defender Jules Kounde?