Liverpool are reportedly set to offer Fabinho a bumper new long-term contract at the club, according to ESPN.
Fabinho, 27, has three years currently remaining on his existing deal but Liverpool are determined to secure the Brazilian’s services beyond that expiration date.
The former Monaco midfielder has proven himself one of Jurgen Klopp’s most integral players having recently filled the central defensive void currently vacated following the loss of Virgil van Dijk due to an ACL injury.
Fabinho’s current deal is set to keep him at Anfield until he is 29, so any deal beyond that means that Liverpool will tie him down at Anfield well beyond the peak years of his career which is excellent news for Kopites.
What RTK has to say
If these reports are deemed to be true then it could be one of Liverpool’s smartest financial deals this season.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Fabinho has proven himself an indispensable asset as not only is he one of the best holding midfielders in world football but he is also more than a viable cover option in defence making him one of the most versatile players at Klopp’s disposal.
Securing Fabinho well into the latter years of his career is a smart move as it will keep European rivals at arm’s length when it comes to the inevitable transfer speculation in the future.
Reds fans will certainly hope for many more years of success with Fabinho at the Anfield helm. Ever since his arrival in 2018, Liverpool have become a much stronger force and have secured two of the biggest prizes in club football along the way.
- Wijnaldum continues to prove why Liverpool can’t let him go
- Curtis Jones could be Klopp’s 2020/21 Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool
- Predicted Liverpool XI v Sheffield United, Jota and Matip in, Firmino out
- Fabinho and Gomez could provide Liverpool perfect defensive solution
- Liverpool’s four best players against Ajax
- Harry Wilson and Rhian Brewster react to Harvey Elliott Blackburn debut
- Jurgen Klopp provides fitness update on Sadio Mane
- Deco sends message to Fabinho following Ajax victory
- Fabinho and Diogo Jota send messages to Liverpool fans after Ajax win
- Liverpool stars react as Curtis Jones makes Champions League debut
- Liverpool fans react to the performance of Diogo Jota
- Jamie Carragher’s instant reaction to Liverpool beating Ajax