Liverpool attacker Harvey Blair has signed his first professional contract with the club – and has since taken to Instagram to celebrate his new deal with the team whom the teenager described as ‘the best club in the world’.
Blair, 17, has been with the club since U12 level having joined the Reds from Manchester United.
Described by Liverpool’s official website as a player blessed with good pace, size and ball control, Blair is currently enjoying his inaugural campaign under the stewardship of U18 manager Marc Bridge-Wilkinson.
Blair enjoyed a rich run of goalscoring form during pre-season and the Huddersfield-born forward started the league season on the left of a front-three. He featured during Liverpool’s 5-0 victory over Stoke City U18’s back in September.
Following his first professional contract, Blair took to Instagram to reflect on the accomplishment of a childhood dream for the Reds teenager.
He said: “Delighted to have signed my first professional contract with the best club in the world, dream come true.”
A number of his Liverpool teammates were quick to respond to the contract news including Harvey Elliott, Billy Koumetio, Layton Stewart, James Balagizi, Liam Millar and Conor Bradley who all congratulated Blair following his new deal.
- Some Liverpool fans react as Michael Oliver confirmed to officiate Merseyside derby
- Thiago and Jordan Henderson could be the difference against Everton
- Diogo Jota may be Liverpool’s most exciting signing since Sadio Mane
- Report: Three Championship clubs in the race to sign Harry Wilson
- Edwards set to strike gold again following Rhian Brewster deal
- Thiago reacts to Liverpool’s Champions League Group Stage draw
- Michael Edwards set to cap off perfect summer with £50m masterstroke