Liverpool have stepped up preparations for their Premier League clash against Arsenal at Anfield on Monday night.
A number of key players returned to training on Saturday morning as Jurgen Klopp finalises his team selection plans to face Mikel Arteta in two days time.
Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho, Takumi Minamino, Marko Grujic and Xherdan Shaqri were all involved in the session, as was Thursday night’s Carabao Cup man-of-the-match Curtis Jones.
All of the aforementioned names were relieved of their training duties on Friday to gain a much-needed rest following Liverpool’s emphatic 7-2 victory against Lincoln City in midweek.
Rhys Williams was also amongst the senior squad following his impressive debut at Sincil Bank.
The 19-year-old was one of the outstanding performers and was imperious at the back alongside Van Dijk and Fabinho, who both partnered Williams in separate halves of the match.
Billy Koumetio was expected to start under Jurgen Klopp for the first time in a competitive match following an excellent pre-season campaign from the 17-year-old defender.
However, the teenager failed a late fitness assessment on Wednesday and was deemed to great a risk to start against Lincoln. Koumetio returned to training on Friday and started for Liverpool’s under-18 team during a 3-1 defeat to Manchester City earlier this morning.
Liverpool’s next six PL fixtures of 2020/21
- Arsenal (H)
September 28 – 8:00pm
- Aston Villa (A)
October 4– 19:45pm
- Everton (A)
October 17 – 3:00pm
- Sheffield United (H)
October 24 – 3:00pm
- West Ham (H)
October 31 – 3:00pm
- Manchester City (A)
November 7 – 3:00pm
- Liverpool fans react to Thiago Alcantara training footage
- Liverpool stars react as Bobby Duncan secures transfer to Derby County
- Liverpool stars react as James Balagizi signs professional deal
- Report: Liverpool have no plans to sell Xherdan Shaqiri
- Rhian Brewster future in limbo as Sheffield United reportedly stall on a deal
- Report: Yasser Larouci could be set to join Olympiacos
- Jurgen Klopp provides quadruple Liverpool fitness update
- Four Liverpool players have proved a point to Jurgen Klopp
- Sam Campbell the latest defender linked with a move to Liverpool
- Liverpool fans react to Rhys Williams’ performance
- Jurgen Klopp picks out three Liverpool players for praise
- Xherdan Shaqiri impresses amid uncertain future
- Liverpool fans react to Marko Grujic’s performance
- Liverpool’s players react to dominant win over Lincoln City
- Rhys Williams sends emotional message to Liverpool fans