Liverpool midfielder James Balagizi has signed his first professional contract with the club and has since taken to Instagram to celebrate what is ‘a dream come true’ for the Reds teenager.
Balagizi, 17, has been with the club since U11 level having joined Liverpool from Manchester City.
Capped at England under-17’s level, Balagizi is a regular feature in Marc Bridge-Wilkinson’s U18 set-up at Kirkby.
Balagizi is typically best deployed as an attacking midfielder but can also play further forward. Last season he clocked up 20 appearances for the U18s, boasting an impressive tally of 11 goals and eight assists.
He was most recently among the starting XI that recently romped to a 5-0 victory against Stoke City U18 last Saturday. Balagizi followed that up with his first appearance for the U21s having come off the bench during Liverpool’s EFL Trophy defeat to Wigan on Tuesday night.
Balagizi’s talents were well documented after he made his debut for the U18 at just 15-years-old.
Following his first professional contract, Balagizi took to Instagram to reflect on the accomplishment of a childhood dream for the Reds teenager.
He said: “Dream come true to sign a professional contract at Liverpool. Hard work continues.”
A number of his Liverpool teammates were quick to respond to the contract news including Harvey Elliott, Leighton Clarkson, Layton Stewart and Billy Koumetion who all wrote messages to Balagizi.
- Rhys Williams sends emotional message to Liverpool fans
- Five things we learned as Liverpool beat Lincoln City
- Liverpool player ratings v Lincoln City
- Thiago’s arrival can help Oxlade-Chamberlain, rather than cause a problem
- Report: Liverpool have bid accepted for Motherwell’s Sam Campbell
- Edwards is right to remain patient with Harry Wilson deal
- Jurgen Klopp set to hand as many as four Liverpool debuts vs Lincoln
- Four Liverpool players who would be unstoppable alongside Thiago Alcantara
- Why Diogo Jota could have a similar impact to that of Sadio Mane
- Georginio Wijnaldum not expected to sign new Liverpool deal soon, according to Hughes
- Report: Liverpool in regular contact with Kylian Mbappe over potential transfer next summer
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?