Rhian Brewster’s Liverpool future remains in free-fall amid reports that Sheffield United have stalled over a potential deal, claim The ECHO.
The 20-year-old striker has become a top-target of United manager Chris Wilder who has been in regular discussion with Jurgen Klopp over the prospect of a permanent transfer according to The Independent.
Reputable Liverpool journalist Melissa Reddy has reported that Klopp and Wilder were in conversation regarding Brewster as recently as Wednesday.
Brewster was omitted from Klopp’s squad that beat Lincoln City 7-2 on Thursday as he looks to secure his next footballing venture for the new season.
However, The ECHO have reported that the hierarchy at United are reluctant to purchase a player valued at £25m by Liverpool, who insist on a buy-back option being included in any deal according to The Independent.
If United were to meet Liverpool’s valuation for Brewster it would see the England under-21’s international become the club’s record transfer signing ahead of Sander Berge who joined from Belgian side Genk in £22 million [BBC] deal.
Wilder and United have already submitted a loan offer for Brewster to join Bramall Lane for the season, but Liverpool are insistent they are not keen on the prospect of sanctioning another temporary deal for the player who enjoyed a successful stint in the Championship with Swansea City last term.
Liverpool deem Brewster to be a guaranteed goalscorer for any purchasing club who can offer the striker with regular game time – a proposition the Reds cannot offer at Anfield.
Wilder has received a number of glowing reports from Liverpool in regards to the player’s attitude, application and ambition and there is still a hope that a resolution can be resolved before the transfer deadline which is due to expire a week on Monday – although there are a further 11 days in which domestic loans can be arranged.
- Rhys Williams sends emotional message to Liverpool fans
- Five things we learned as Liverpool beat Lincoln City
- Liverpool player ratings v Lincoln City
- Thiago’s arrival can help Oxlade-Chamberlain, rather than cause a problem
- Report: Liverpool have bid accepted for Motherwell’s Sam Campbell
- Edwards is right to remain patient with Harry Wilson deal
- Jurgen Klopp set to hand as many as four Liverpool debuts vs Lincoln
- Four Liverpool players who would be unstoppable alongside Thiago Alcantara
- Why Diogo Jota could have a similar impact to that of Sadio Mane
- Georginio Wijnaldum not expected to sign new Liverpool deal soon, according to Hughes
- Report: Liverpool in regular contact with Kylian Mbappe over potential transfer next summer
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?