Liverpool left-back Yasser Larouci has been touted with an interest of Olympiacos with both the player and club determined to part ways this summer, claim To10.gr.
Larouci could be set to become Liverpool’s sixth permanent departure of the summer window following in the Anfield exits of Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana, Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan and Ki-Jana Hoever.
The 19-year-old made his Reds debut back in January during a 1-0 win against Everton in the FA Cup, and has been part of Jurgen Klopp’s senior training group at Melwood over the past 12 months.
However, following lengthy discussions between club and player, it has been decided that Larouci will need to move on in order to secure regular first-team football.
Larouci joined the club from Le Havre in 2017, but has entered the final year of his Reds contract and Liverpool have accepted that a transfer is in everyone’s best interests.
It has been reported that the Greek champions have opened ‘a channel of communication with the Reds teenager ‘to see if there is fertile ground for a transfer to take place’.
Liverpool maintain that Larouci is now surplus to requirements at the club following his contract rejection earlier this summer which forced the club to invest £11.75 million in another left-back in the form of Kostos Tsimikas from Olympiacos.
Larouci appears to be heading in the opposite direction to the Greek left-back, who made his Liverpool debut last night during a 7-2 victory against Lincoln City in the Carabao Cup.
Pedro Mentins’ Olympiacos side appear ‘ready to make Larouci their own’, claim To10.gr.
Larouci recently returned to Liverpool training earlier this summer but has been involved with the under-23’s as opposed to the senior squad.
Liverpool are not open to the possibility of a loan deal and if Olympiacos want to secure the services of Larouci, then they may have to look into a permanent transfer for the teenager.
What RTK has to say
His departure seemed inevitable once Liverpool got a deal for Tsimikas over the line.
Fellow left-back and Liverpool youngster Adam Lewis recently signed a new deal at the club earlier this month, but the 20-year-old has since gone on loan to French Ligue 2 club Amiens.
The reality is that there just aren’t opportunities for Larouci in Klopp’s senior set-up and if he has his heart set on regular first-team football then he may have to look elsewhere for options.
There was an opportunity for Larouci to learn under Robertson prior to his contract snub, but his decision to play hard ball with Liverpool effectively meant the writing was on the wall regarding his future prospects at the club.
- Rhys Williams sends emotional message to Liverpool fans
- Five things we learned as Liverpool beat Lincoln City
- Liverpool player ratings v Lincoln City
- Thiago’s arrival can help Oxlade-Chamberlain, rather than cause a problem
- Report: Liverpool have bid accepted for Motherwell’s Sam Campbell
- Edwards is right to remain patient with Harry Wilson deal
- Jurgen Klopp set to hand as many as four Liverpool debuts vs Lincoln
- Four Liverpool players who would be unstoppable alongside Thiago Alcantara
- Why Diogo Jota could have a similar impact to that of Sadio Mane
- Georginio Wijnaldum not expected to sign new Liverpool deal soon, according to Hughes
- Report: Liverpool in regular contact with Kylian Mbappe over potential transfer next summer
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?