Liverpool’s line-up to face Lincoln City in the Carabao Cup has been announced.
Starting XI: Adrian; Williams, Van Dijk, Williams, Tsikias; Grujic,, Jones; Elliott, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi
Substitutes: Kelleher, Fabinho, Keita, Jota, Wilson, Alexander-Arnold, Van den Berg
Liverpool are looking to continue on their 100 per cent start to the 2020/21 season following victories against Leeds United and Chelsea.
Jurgen Klopp has handed out two debuts including new signing Tsimikas. 19-year-old Rhys Williams has stepped up from the academy to make his first senior appearance for Liverpool following injuries to Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Billy Koumetio.
Opponents Lincoln City have begun well in League One, winning their opening two league games, plus two Carabao Cup fixtures to get to this stage.
Liverpool reached the quarter-finals of the competition last year and a win is to pick up some momentum ahead of a gargantuan Premier League fixture against Arsenal at Anfield on Monday.
- Jurgen Klopp set to hand as many as four Liverpool debuts vs Lincoln
- Four Liverpool players who would be unstoppable alongside Thiago Alcantara
- Why Diogo Jota could have a similar impact to that of Sadio Mane
- Georginio Wijnaldum not expected to sign new Liverpool deal soon, according to Hughes
- Report: Liverpool in regular contact with Kylian Mbappe over potential transfer next summer
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?