Liverpool continued their 100 per cent start to the season in scintillating fashion at the LNER Stadium.
Jurgen Klopp’s team put in a stunning performance to overcome Lincoln City in a 7-2 riot to set up a fourth-round clash with Arsenal next Wednesday.
Here are our player ratings following the win…
Adrian – 8
Calm and collected throughout. Made a number of impressive stops and was one of Liverpool’s busier players in the second half.
Neco Williams – 7
Linked well down the right channel with Harvey Elliott and defensively was solid.
Rhys Williams – 8
An outstanding debut from the 19-year-old. Dealt with everything that was thrown at him and utilised the ball extremely well. His long-range pass to Origi that led to the fourth goal was inch-perfect.
Van Dijk – 7
Imperious as ever. Had very little to do in a totally dominant first-half display. Subbed at the break.
Tsimkas – 8
Another impressive debut from the Greek left-back. Was a driving force in the first-half, constantly bombing down the left channel. His range of crosses were exceptional.
Grujic – 8
Started as Liverpool’s deep-lying midfielder and utilised the ball exceptionally well. His first start for the club in three years and the Serb capped it off with a goal.
Elliott – 7
Another menacing presence up top and was unfortunate not to get on the scoresheet after seeing a smart effort thwarted in the first half. Subbed.
Jones – 9
Liverpool’s outstanding player. A total menace from start-to-finish. Jones was utterly dazzling and was well worth his two stunners which tickled the net in almost identical places following a brace of the highest order.
Shaqiri – 7
Set the tone with his piledriver of a free-kick inside the opening 10 minutes. Welcome back Shaq.
Minamino – 8
Minamino was another outstanding performer and looks a player transformed with a new-found confidence. His opening goal that was curled into the top-corner was arguably the pick of the bunch.
Origi – 7
Was Liverpool’s quietest performer on the night. Origi was a peripheral figure in the first half but was much brighter in the second. Took his goal extremely well.
- Jurgen Klopp set to hand as many as four Liverpool debuts vs Lincoln
- Four Liverpool players who would be unstoppable alongside Thiago Alcantara
- Why Diogo Jota could have a similar impact to that of Sadio Mane
- Georginio Wijnaldum not expected to sign new Liverpool deal soon, according to Hughes
- Report: Liverpool in regular contact with Kylian Mbappe over potential transfer next summer
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?