Liverpool academy midfielder Tom Hill has undergone a successful knee operation on Tuesday after sustaining a knee injury in training – and he has since posted an update on his Instagram page.
Hill, 17, is a highly rated member at the academy set-up at Kirkby. The attacking midfielder enjoyed an impressive rise to prominence over the past 12 months, from making his debut with the under-18’s in August to making his senior bout with the club just four months later.
Renowned for his ability to contribute goals and assists for his team, Hill’s energy off the ball is what has impressed coaches the most at the academy during the 2019/20 campaign.
He started and played the full 90 minutes under Neil Critchley during Liverpool’s Carabao Cup quarter-final with Aston Villa in December.
Hill also broke into Critchley’s U23’s team and UEFA Youth League team which saw the teenager score a vital goal to help secure qualification following the victory against RB Salzburg last year.
The Formby player has been with the Reds since U6 level and was recently awarded a contract extension with the club back in August.
Following his injury, no timescale has been set as to when Hill is likely to return to action although his successful operation will mean he is expected to begin his rehabilitation process with the academy’s medical staff soon.
After the operation, Hill provided an update for supporters and teammates alike with an Instagram post to offer an extent to the injury as well as the player’s desire to return to action stronger than ever.
He said: “Operation went well, long road to recovery now but I’ll be back stronger than ever. Thanks to everyone for the messages”.
Hill received an outpour of responses from supporters and teammates alike including Liverpool stars such as Harvey Elliott and Billy Koumetio.
20-year-old defender Adam Lewis, who recently secured a loan move to French side Amiens SC also left Hill a message of good will.
- Ki-Jana Hoever is Liverpool’s financial success story of the summer
- Diogo Jota is Klopp’s big selection selection decision v Lincoln
- Fabinho vindicates Klopp’s transfer stance following Chelsea masterclass
- Why were Liverpool able to sign Diogo Jota and not Timo Werner?
- Jose Enrique names the two midfielders Klopp should start alongside Thiago at Liverpool
- Report: Liverpool’s Taiwo Awoniyi turns down move to Greek side PAOK
- Liverpool agree personal terms with Diogo Jota, says Fabrizio Romano
- Why Liverpool’s reported Diogo Jota signing makes perfect sense
- Xabi Alonso reacts to Liverpool’s signing of Thiago Alcantara
- Report: Liverpool close to a deal for Wolves forward Diogo Jota
- Photo: Thiago Alcantara wearing Liverpool kit, squad number confirmed
- Report: Liverpool defender Ki-Jana Hoever set for £10 million move to Wolves
- Thiago transfer price keeps Liverpool’s door open for more transfers
- Thiago deal ensures Liverpool have two of the Bundesliga’s best