Liverpool have reached an agreement on personal terms regarding the signing of Diogo Jota from Wolves, claims journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Romano insists that the Portugal international is ready to sign a contract with the Premier League champions that will last until June 2025.
He says negotiations between Liverpool and Wolves are progressing with a final fee set to be agreed at around €43 million (£35m).
Liverpool have reached an agreement on personal terms with Diogo Jota after quick contacts today with his agent Jorge Mendes. He’s ready to sign until June 2025. Negotiation progressing between #LFC and Wolves to complete the agreement [final fee could be around €43m]. 🔴 #Jota
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 18, 2020
The report comes shortly after news that Liverpool defender Ki-Jana Hoever could be heading the other direction after The Mail reported that Wolves were close to agreeing a deal expected to be in the excess of £10 million for the 18-year-old talent.
Reputable journalist Paul Joyce was the first to break the news that Liverpool surprisingly were on the verge of adding Jota to their list of signings that include Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich and Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos.
Liverpool interested in Wolves forward Diogo Jota.
— paul joyce (@_pauljoyce) September 18, 2020
Jurgen Klopp has supposedly been a long time admirer of the versatility and work rate of Jota, who was left out of the Carabao Cup defeat to Stoke by Nuno Espirito Santo.
The 23-year-old was also recently left out of Wolves’ squad during their opening weekend PL victory against Sheffield United last week.
The transfer window is open until October 5, but Liverpool look determined to get their business done swiftly having secured top target Thiago earlier today.
Romano’s update indicates that we could potentially expect an announcement from Liverpool regarding another Reds signing very shortly.
- Thiago transfer price keeps Liverpool’s door open for more transfers
- Thiago deal ensures Liverpool have two of the Bundesliga’s best
- Liverpool fans react to reports regarding Watford’s Ismaila Sarr
- Who Liverpool can and cannot draw in the Champions League group stage
- Report: Nathaniel Clyne to begin training with Crystal Palace
- Henderson is the big winner from Liverpool’s reported Thiago deal
- Four attacking alternatives Liverpool could sign following reported Rhian Brewster sale
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcantara Liverpool deal
- Liverpool’s reported Thiago Alcantara deal is their biggest of the PL era
- Squad number detailed for Thiago Alcantara at Liverpool
- Naby Keita could be the next beneficiary of Klopp’s favoured midfield trident