Billy Koumetio was showing off a fresh new look in training on Wednesday ahead of Liverpool’s Premier League clash with Chelsea on Sunday.
The Liverpool defender shaved his head, changing the spiked up hair he had previously been sporting during pre-season.
Just days earlier, Koumetio had been sporting a very different look at Liverpool’s training complex.
Also at Melwood
Liverpool’s players appear competitive and in good spirits as preparations for the Chelsea game begin to heat up.
Many of Liverpool’s regulars including Fabinho, Roberto Firmino, Xherdan Shaqiri, Georginio Wijnaldum and Joe Gomez were spotted alongside manager Jurgen Klopp showcasing their foot volleyball skills.
The PFA Young Player of the Year Trent Alexander-Arnold was also seen at Melwood alongside club-captain Jordan Henderson, and the 21-year-old full-back took the opportunity to make a witty remark in regards to his teammate Andy Robertson, whose book: Now You’re Gonna Beleive Us, is scheduled to be released tomorrow.
Alexander-Arnold posted a picture on Instagram of himself and a bemused looking Henderson with the caption: ‘Someone just told Hendo about Robbo’s book’.
Liverpool head into Sunday’s clash at Stamford Bridge following an opening day 4-3 victory against Leeds United.
The Premier League champions were indebted to the individual brilliance of Mohamed Salah who scored an emphatic hat-trick to get Jurgen Klopp and his team’s title defence off to a winning start.
- Liverpool maintaining the services of Divock Origi could be huge for Klopp
- Liverpool’s defensive woes will not concern Jurgen Klopp
- Six Liverpool first-team stars feature during behind-closed-doors friendly
- Liverpool supporters react to the performance of Timo Werner
- Liverpool defender Tony Gallacher confirms loan switch on Instagram
- Who is reported Liverpool defensive midfield target Denis Zakaria?
- Gary Neville compares Mohamed Salah to Cristiano Ronaldo
- Jurgen Klopp’s tactical innovation against Leeds suggests Thiago isn’t a priority
- Why Joel Matip cannot be overlooked for Liverpool this season