Liverpool left-back Tony Gallacher has confirmed a loan switch to Major League Soccer outfit Toronto FC until the end of December, subject to international clearance which was recently confirmed on the club’s official website.
Gallacher, 21 is set for his first temporary spell away from the Reds since he joined Liverpool following a move from Scottish side Falkirk back in January 2018.
The Glasgow-born defender recently confirmed the move on his Instagram page as he looks to gain some vital experience in the professional game.
Gallacher was a prominent figure for the U23s last season with the defender clocking up 15 appearances in Premier League 2 during the 2019/20 campaign under former coach Neil Critchley before the season was eventually curtailed due to the ongoing pandemic.
During his two seasons with the U23s, Gallacher has made 32 appearances scoring two goals while also registering an assist
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
He was also handed his full-senior debut last season having started and played the full 90 minutes of the Carabao Cup quarter-final clash against Aston Villa.
Gallacher also started in two of Liverpool’s three EFL trophy fixtures against Fleetwood Town and Accrington Stanley.
He will be able to further his first-team experience at Toronto, whom he will be able to join having successfully completed quarantine, the club announced.
“Tony is a young, promising defender that will provide us with additional depth on our backline for the remainder of the year,” Toronto FC general manager Ali Curtis said in a club statement. “We feel his character and personality will fit well within our group.”
- Curtis Jones is set to become Liverpool’s ultimate game-changer
- Report: Wijnaldum confirms his intentions are to stay at Liverpool
- Liverpool linked striker Daka scores four goals in 10-0 win
- Jurgen Klopp’s swipe at Chelsea indicates why Liverpool hold advantage
- Liverpool’s summer will be defined by Thiago and Wijnaldum resolution
- Report: Rhian Brewster could return to Swansea on loan next season
- Dejan Lovren responds to Jordan Henderson’s emotional farewell gesture