Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder recently claimed that the club were ‘confident’ of completing a loan deal for a striker amid a reported interest in Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster according to The Telegraph.
Brewster, 20, is still yet to discover where his footballing talents will be utilised next season after numerous reports indicated that as many as six Premier League clubs were in the running for a loan deal.
Newcastle, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace have also been previously credited with a move over the past few days although it is unlikely Liverpool would loan Brewster to either of the aforementioned teams considering all three have looked elsewhere for attacking additions.
Steve Bruce and Newcastle recently secured the services of Callum Wilson from Bournemouth, Aston Villa have just splashed out for Ollie Watkins from Brentford while Roy Hodgson and Palace recently secured a loan deal for Michi Batshuayi after the Belgian striker signed a contract extension with Chelsea.
Sheffield United, meanwhile, are still yet to add a striker to their ranks to contest for places with Oli McBurnie, Billy Sharp and David McGoldrick.
Wilder has so far sealed a flurry of new signings ahead of this weekend’s Premier League opening round of fixtures. Ethan Ampadu recently joined the club on a loan deal from Chelsea, before Max Lowe and Jayen Bogle arrived on permanent deals from Derby. Oliver Burke has also signed at Bramall Lane after sealing a move from West Brom.
With the club set to kick off their 2020/21 campaign against Wolves on Monday, Wilder revealed he is looking to bring in one more forward player although the identity of said player remains unknown.
“It will most probably be a loan market – the one that we’re speaking to at the moment,” Wilder said in his press-conference on Thursday.
“But there’s players on that list, whether they’re loan or permanent, and like everybody, there’s a pecking order on that one.
“We’re confident that we can get the one that we want and if not we’re confident that there’ll be other players that will find Sheffield United an attractive proposition and they’ll be within our budget that we’ve had and the owners have given me.”
What RTK has to say
Considering Liverpool boss Klopp recently claimed that a decision will be made over Brewster’s future, we have a hunch that this could indeed be a hint from Wilder that Brewster is close to signing.
Reports this week even suggested that Liverpool would allow the young striker to leave the club on a permanent basis but only if a buy-back clause were to be inserted into any potential deal.
United have been touted with a loan interest for some time and considering Wilder’s two top-scorers last season (McBurnie and Lys Mousset) only managed six goals during the 2019/20 a natural goalscorer is certainly needed and Brewster certainly fits the bill.
Having excelled during a loan spell at Swansea last season in which Brewster scored 11 times in 22 matches under manager Steve Cooper, a step up to the Premier League would seem the natural progression.
Given Liverpool’s apparent interest in another loan deal for Reds youngster and Wilder’s most recent comments we predict that it is indeed Brewster who the Sheffield United manager has credited is close to a move to Bramall Lane.
- Liverpool’s summer will be defined by Thiago and Wijnaldum resolution
- Report: Rhian Brewster could return to Swansea on loan next season
- Dejan Lovren responds to Jordan Henderson’s emotional farewell gesture
- Liverpool could be set for final instalment of Coutinho Barcelona fee
- Liverpool have to make Wijnaldum decision fast and stick with it
- Report: Deal agreed between Liverpool and Fluminese for Marcelo Pitaluga
- Romano confirms Barcelona still yet to bid for Liverpool star Wijnaldum
- Who is reported Liverpool target Jeremy Doku?
- Liverpool stars sends messages to Alberto Moreno following surgery
- Liverpool reportedly could still keep Wijnaldum and sign Thiago
- Report: Wijnaldum and Klopp set for talks over Liverpool future
- Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp have a big positional decision to make
- Report: Liverpool could sanction permanent transfer for Rhian Brewster
- Report: Jurgen Klopp not in the market for another Liverpool defender
- Report: Liverpool have been open to offers for Shaqiri since January
- Minamino looks a man possessed following latest Liverpool masterclass
- Liverpool supporters react to the performance of Joel Matip
- RTK view: Liverpool striker could open up route to Odsonne Edouard
- Jurgen Klopp provides injury update on Jordan Henderson