Liverpool have recently been credited with an interest in Zambian striker Patson Daka earlier this month.
According to Zambian publication, Far Post, Liverpool are considering a move for the Red Bull Salzburg forward, who is currently valued at around £20 million.
Liverpool are yet to make a concrete offer for Daka although given Rhian Brewster could leave on loan in the next few days, it could open up an attacking slot at the club.
Daka is certainly making himself a hard player to ignore and his latest performance for his club side will surely have got Jurgen Klopp’s attention.
The German manager recently got a first-hand look at Daka during Liverpool’s pre-season friendly against Salzburg where the striker twice was on the scoresheet during a 2-2 draw last month.
Daka was on the goal trail again for his club side following a 10-0 demolition job against SW Bregenz.
Daka bagged almost half the goals for Salzburg after scoring four times for the Austrian champions.
There were just 22 minutes separating the four goals during Salzburg’s inaugural match of the 2020/21 season.
Daka netted in the 17th, 23rd, 37th and 39th minute to put his seat firmly in the driving seat before half-time had even arrived.
Considering it was a cup clash, Daka was mercifully taken off in the knowledge that Salzburg’s league campaign kicks off against Wolfsberg on Sunday.
Last season Daka was in a similar inspiring run of form scoring 27 times in all competitions having filled the attacking void left by Norwegian sensation Erling Haaland who departed the club for Borussia Dortmund in January.
A late move?
Liverpool and Klopp have been vocal in that funds are currently limited due to the pandemic and that signings can only be made if money suddenly becomes available.
An attacking position could open at Liverpool if reports regarding the future of Brewster are to be believed.
According to The Telegraph, Liverpool could look to allow the 20-year-old striker to leave the club on a permanent basis if Brewster’s £25 million valuation is met.
This could raise funds for Daka although it remains to be seen which position Klopp will look to priorities if the club are able to make a signing given there is still a central defensive void to fill in the absence of Dejan Lovren.
Considering his age and extraordinary goal-record, the addition of Daka would certainly be a welcomed one by the fan base at Liverpool, and at the very least if the Reds don’t pursue a move this summer then he is certainly one to watch for the future.
At just 21, he is an exceptional talent. Hopefully, Liverpool are first to pounce and can secure the services of the talented youngster.
- Liverpool’s summer will be defined by Thiago and Wijnaldum resolution
- Report: Rhian Brewster could return to Swansea on loan next season
- Dejan Lovren responds to Jordan Henderson’s emotional farewell gesture
- Liverpool could be set for final instalment of Coutinho Barcelona fee
- Liverpool have to make Wijnaldum decision fast and stick with it
- Report: Deal agreed between Liverpool and Fluminese for Marcelo Pitaluga
- Romano confirms Barcelona still yet to bid for Liverpool star Wijnaldum
- Who is reported Liverpool target Jeremy Doku?
- Liverpool stars sends messages to Alberto Moreno following surgery
- Liverpool reportedly could still keep Wijnaldum and sign Thiago
- Report: Wijnaldum and Klopp set for talks over Liverpool future
- Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp have a big positional decision to make
- Report: Liverpool could sanction permanent transfer for Rhian Brewster
- Report: Jurgen Klopp not in the market for another Liverpool defender
- Report: Liverpool have been open to offers for Shaqiri since January
- Minamino looks a man possessed following latest Liverpool masterclass
- Liverpool supporters react to the performance of Joel Matip
- RTK view: Liverpool striker could open up route to Odsonne Edouard
- Jurgen Klopp provides injury update on Jordan Henderson