Wembley beneficiary Takumi Minamino cut a clinical figure during Liverpool’s training footage at Melwood on Friday.
Having finally opened his Liverpool account for the first time since his January arrival following his first goal for the club against Arsenal in the Community Shield, he is demonstrating that it is unlikely to be a one-off.
Minamino, 25, is expected to play a more prominent role for Liverpool next season following his arrival from RB Salzburg six months ago and will look to be in contention for the Reds’ 2020/21 curtain-raiser against Leeds United next weekend.
If the latest footage is anything to go by then his credentials look very promising. Minamino is looking very sharp.
This training video from Melwood shows Minamino firing in three goals from outside the penalty area in ruthless style, leaving goalkeeper Adrian stranded on three separate occasions.
Minamino recently became only the third Japanese international in history to become a Premier League champion, following in the footsteps of Shinji Kagawa and Shinji Okazaki.
Having registered his first Liverpool goal just six days ago, Minamino will be hoping that seeing the net bulge for his new club will be a regular occurrence.
His performances off the back end of last season demonstrated that Minamino could become a vital cog in Liverpool’s armoury next season and following time to settle into life on Merseyside, he could feel like a new signing all over again come the new campaign.
- Liverpool’s summer priority will be Georgino Wijnaldum’s contract situation
- Jurgen Klopp will rely on Fabinho more than anyone next season
- Andy Robertson hopes Messi stays away from PL amid Man City interest
- Photo: Liverpool stars pictured in training following quadruple injury boost
- Joe Gomez and Raheem Sterling to reunite with England for first time since bust-up
- Mason Mount lauds Liverpool target Thiago Alcantara
- Harry Wilson could finally get his desired Liverpool opportunity
- Report: Liverpool ‘braced’ for opening bid from Barcelona for Wijnaldum
- Why Liverpool have made limited transfer dealings this summer
- Four signings that could make Liverpool unbeatable next season
- Billy Koumetio shows why Liverpool debut could be realistic in 20/21