Liverpool’s Under-18 team played their first match since March this week.
It was a pre-season friendly against Crewe Alexandre in which there were plenty of substitutions as Liverpool looked to give as many players as much game time as possible.
The young Reds romped to a 5-0 victory with a number of eye-catching performances likely to grab the attention of first-team manager Jurgen Klopp.
One standout player was new recruit Mateusz Musiałowski.
The 16-year-old made his Liverpool debut following a move from SMS Lodz in his native Poland.
Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now
Having got a much-needed 45 minutes in the tank, Musiałowski capped off a fine performance with a stunning solo goal which can be seen below, with the teenager posting a video of his goal on Instagram.
A deal for the versatile attacker was reported to have been completed several months ago as per the Liverpool ECHO.
Musiałowski was forced to join the Academy on a scholarship contract due to his age but would be eligible to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday.
This season could be a breakthrough year for him in terms of establishing himself as an under-18s and U23s regular and this was a great way for him to start.
- Rhian Brewster could have forced Jurgen Klopp’s hand for next season
- Liverpool to bid for Thiago in the next few days, according to Christian Falk
- Vitor Matos on how Liverpool’s youngsters are to step up next season
- Gini Wijnaldum comments are encouraging to see for Liverpool
- Report: Xherdan Shaqiri has showed no inclination to leave Liverpool
- Curtis Jones comments demonstrate why he will be invaluable next season