Photo by Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images

Liverpool owner John W. Henry pays tribute to Virgil van Dijk

Liverpool owner John W. Henry paid tribute to Virgil van Dijk with a tweet after the Dutchman delivered a fine display against Bayer Munich.

Van Dijk has proved to be worth every penny of the £75million that the Reds paid to Southampton in January 2018.

Not only did the 27-year-old keep Robert Lewandowski quiet with Joel Matip’s help, but he also grabbed himself a goal and assist.

Principal Liverpool owner John W. Henry celebrated his record buy with a brilliant Tweet after fulltime.

Henry shared a picture which reads: “75% of the earth is covered by water. The other 25% is covered by Virgil van Dijk.

Subscribe to Rousing The Kop TV now

Liverpool’s success in the Premier League and now Europe is largely due to their man mountain in central defence.

His arrival has seen the Reds transform from one of the worst sides defensively to one of the very best.

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know