Liverpool search for attacking midfielder continues after £35m man nears January switch

0

Lucas Paqueta will not sign for Liverpool as David Maddock has revealed that the Brazilian is not on the Reds’ transfer list for January or the summer window.

Over the last few weeks, Liverpool have seemed to lack the creativity and incisiveness that made them so dangerous last season.

The likes of Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness believe that Jurgen Klopp needs to look to the January transfer window to inject a little more ingenuity into his midfield to help the likes of Salah, Mane and Firmino.

However, that man won’t be Flamengo attacking midfielder Lucas Paqueta as reports on Wednesday claim that the Brazilian is not on Jurgen Klopp’s transfer list for now or in the future.

Embed from Getty Images

Reports from Brazil claim that doctors from AC Milan were in Rio on Wednesday conducting a medical on Paqueta as the 21-year-old prepares for a €35million switch to the Milan club  in January.

Dave Maddock, Northern Football correspondent for the Mirror, says that Liverpool have said they had no interest in Paqueta while there is no word on whether or not another name is on Klopp’s mind.

While Liverpool have 20 points from a possible 24 in the Premier League this season, more creativity is needed if they are to overcome top six sides consistently and maintain their title bid.

SHARE
Michael Mongie
Just like you, I am a hugely passionate Liverpool supporter. I started Rousing the Kop in January 2015 and since then it has grown tremendously and has even been nominated as 'Best New Football Blog' in the Football Blogging Awards.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.