Nabil Fekir says that the thought of a move to Liverpool has been put out of his mind as he looks to kick on after a transfer to Merseyside collapsed in June.
Liverpool have made a perfect start to the 2018/19 Premier League season and will look to win their fifth game in a row when Tottenham host them at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
In the buildup to the start of the season, there were questions being raised in the media about whether or not Klopp would sign Fekir or an alternative and when the window shut, it became crystal clear that the German trusts the players he already has.
These players have repaid his faith so far and Georginio Wijnaldum has been particularly impressive in the engine room, continuing his incredible transformation from a left wing to an attacking no.8 to a holding midfielder over the last three years.
While most fans have moved on, it still interests a good number of supporters as to find out what Fekir thinks about his move to Liverpool being called off.
Speaking to reporters, Fekir said: “What happened with Liverpool is straight out of my head, I turned the page. We must not stop at this, we must move forward. There are things that must be accepted.
“My future? We have not discussed an extension yet, we will see what happens.”
Understandably, the Frenchman is keen to put the failed transfer behind him and get back to playing football with Lyon. Whether or not an agreement with the Ligue 1 outfit can be resurrected remains to be seen but I reckon Liverpool have moved on completely.