Liverpool could sign the ‘next Neymar’

0
Gabriel Barbosa of Inter during the Serie A match between FC Internazionale and Bologna FC at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on September 25, 2016 in Milan, Italy.
All rights reserved by Maurizio Lagana/Getty Images Europe

Gabriel Barbosa, more commonly known as Gabigol, is set to leave Inter Milan as the forward is ‘humiliated’ by the lack of game time he has received since joining the club.

Since Gabigol signed from Santos for €30 million in the summer, the Brazilian has played just 16 minutes of football for Inter Milan. The forward is reported as being ‘humiliated’ by the lack of minutes he’s received.

When you hear something like this and remember the lack of football that Philippe Coutinho received at Inter, you have to start wondering what is wrong with the coaches at the club. In all fairness, they will have overlooked two of the most exciting talents in world football if they allow Gabigol to leave in the same manner that Coutinho did.

According to Gabigol’s agent, the player can’t understand the lack of trust and is feeling ‘humiliated’ by being kept on the sidelines despite moving to the club for €30 million in August.

“I talk to him constantly,” Wagner Ribeiro said on Radio Globo, according to Football ITALIA.

“Everyone knows the salary which Gabriel receives at Inter isn’t sustainable for Santos, no club [in Brazil] can afford him.

“I was contacted by a club from Rio and one from Minas to take Gabriel on loan, but I can’t guarantee anything. What I want is for my client to no longer be humiliated.

“Why isn’t he playing? Not even Inter can answer that. When he came from Brazil they said he wasn’t ready physically, but now he’s in great shape. The truth is that they haven’t even given him a chance.

“Gabriel was a starter at Santos, called up by Brazil and has been an Olympic champion. Then he was sold for an amazing figure.

“We’ll resolve this situation in January, he has a five-year contract but that doesn’t mean anything if he isn’t playing.

“He’s unhappy right now.”

Liverpool may well take a chance and pounce on Gabigol’s discontent in Italy and make a January bid for the player. As a result of his playing style, talent and former club, Gabigol has been compared to Neymar and will do well to come anywhere close to the Barcelona star’s level.

If there is no underlying reason for Gabigol’s exclusion at Inter, Liverpool would do very well to sign a player with as much potential as the former Santos player. Despite all the evidence, there hasn’t been any concrete links indicating a potential move and Gabigol may not suit Jurgen Klopp’s philosophy of working hard for the team.

Don’t count on this one happening.

SHARE
Michael Mongie
Just like you, I am a hugely passionate Liverpool supporter. I started Rousing the Kop in January 2015 and since then it has grown tremendously and has even been nominated as 'Best New Football Blog' in the Football Blogging Awards.

LEAVE A REPLY