Götze Issued Warning By Munich CEO

0
Photo - Bleacher Report

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said that Mario Götze may well find himself on the bench if he stays at Bayern Munich. 

Götze has been a £20m target for Liverpool but on Monday the German made it clear he plans to stay and fight for a place under Carlo Ancelotti.

In an interview with Kicker, Bayern’s CEO hinted that Götze will face they same battle he has since signing from Dortmund in 2013. He has found it difficult to force his way into Pep Guardiola’s plans.

“I had talks with him (Mario) and Ancelotti. Mario knows the thoughts of Bayern,” Rummenigge said.

“Everything was clearly and seriously explained to Mario.

“He knows what the club thinks and what the new coach thinks. Mario has to evaluate for himself whether he wants to play constantly.”

Joachim Low explained at a press conference that the reason for Götze deciding to stay may well have to do with Ancelotti himself and a long discussion the two had.

“I’ve been in constant contact with Mario and he’s kept me informed all the time,” Low said.

“He’s had a long talk with Ancelotti and I think a few falsities were said about that, but a coach can never give a guarantee and he told Mario that everybody starts from scratch from the start of the season under him.

“Mario has had offers, but I always felt he is in Munich with his heart and he wants to prove himself there.

“He told me he wants to stay in Munich and take his chance with the new coach and I think that’s a fine decision because it’s what his feeling tells him to do, so it’s the right decision for him.”

It would seem that Liverpool has been snubbed by a big player yet again. Only this time I feel Klopp will have a backup plan. Furthermore, it has to be said that if Götze doesn’t want to move away from Germany and look for a challenge then he isn’t the player Liverpool are looking for.

Photo – Bleacher Report

Quotes – Liverpool ECHO 

 

SHARE
Michael Mongie
Just like you, I am a hugely passionate Liverpool supporter. I started Rousing the Kop in January 2015 and since then it has grown tremendously and has even been nominated as 'Best New Football Blog' in the Football Blogging Awards.

LEAVE A REPLY